Hello everyone! I’m back after a week in the fields. No, I wasn’t having a wild Theresa May moment, I was at Glastonbury!
It’s been a rough few weeks, and I have had Glastonbury booked in for months after successfully applying to be a campaigner through Oxfam. As everyone knows, if you want to have a relaxing week where you feel totally refreshed – Glastonbury’s surely the answer right?
Okay, I knew that this wasn’t going to be the spa retreat that I needed but it was a great way to take my head to a completely new place and out of the realities of life for a little while. One thing that’s great about Glastonbury is that it’s so big, there’s so much to explore and so much to get lost in, it’s a total distraction.
I needed to clear my head and I think I almost managed it! I also want to point out that you do not have to drink to have a good time at Glasto. I was very aware of my mental state before I went and didn’t want to be ‘that crying girl’ that you see at the end of a night so I really took it easy on the drinking.
I also did something really good and for a really good cause which really helped. Sometimes it’s easy to get so bogged down in your own problems that you forget how lucky you really are. If anyone wants to check out the work I was doing, check out ‘Stand As One – Oxfam’ on Facebook or on their website.
All in all, I’d recommend it to anyone and as someone who’s never been to Glastonbury before, I am an absolute convert and can safely say it deserves the hype it gets!
1) Being in the presence Lizo from Newsround
2) Being invited to a VIP Oxfam party and dancing the night away
3) Getting a special Glasto tour from Kris and Dibble
4) Watching the fireworks over the hill
5) Seeing Johnny Depp
6) Lorde being wonderful and weird
7) Royal Blood just smashing it
8) Doing a full work out with Kris and Emma to Major Lazor
9) The food
10) Thatchers Haze – my new favourite drink
11) Liam Gallagher being the loveable twat he is
12) JEREMY CORBYN (preceded by Ooohh)
13) Foo Fighters and Dave Grohl’s epic personality
14) Mr Lover Lovaaa
15) Seeing Tom from the Blossoms trying to go incognito and failing miserably
16) Catching both the Courteeners and Biffy Clyro! What clash?!
17) Ed Sheeran’s loveable personality
18) The wheel of 4 tunes and the power rangers
19) Glitter and more glitter
20) Meeting some fabulous human beings
Positive of the day: I get to sleep on an actual bed tonight!